What do I do with a MONSTER ZUCCHINI?
1. Cut in half length-wise. Remove seeds & fill with your favorite meat loaf mixture. Bake. Additional ideas: Top with tomato slices, mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, fresh herbs such as oregano & basil.
2. Thin slice, dip in water then dredge in parmesan cheese & fry.
3. Shred and make zucchini bread.
4. Shred and blanch. Cool and freeze in small batches to use as a thickener for soups.
5. Shred, mix with eggs, bread crumbs, cheese and your choice of herbs. Form patties and bake or fry. Try adding minced garlic, paprika, or dill.
Sent in by Bettie Walter of Hickory Acres Meats